This New York Bistro Was Voted Best New Restaurant In The Country
By Leah Freeman-Haskin
If you’re planning a trip to New York City this summer, make your reservations now to dine at the country’s ‘Best New Restaurant’. The James Beard Foundation recently announced the winners of its 29th Annual James Beard Awards and Frenchette in New York City was voted Best New Restaurant.
Owners Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson opened the French bistro in Tribeca in 2018, bringing guests the best in French fine dining. From côte de boeuf to duck frites, Frenchette focuses on natural, organic, and biodynamic offerings.
According to afar.com, in order to qualify, each of the 30 nominees had to open in 2018, demonstrate excellence in both cuisine and hospitality, and make a significant impact on the dining scenes in their respective cities.
If you can’t get a table at Franchette or have no current plans to visit New York, here is the list of semifinalists whose cuisine is also sure to satisfy.
James Beard Award 2019 Best New Restaurant Semifinalists
- Adda Indian Canteen, NYC
- Andiario, West Chester, PA
- Angler, San Francisco, CA
- Atomix, NYC
- Bardea Food & Drink, Wilmington, DE
- Bavel, Los Angeles, CA
- Bywater American Bistro, New Orleans, LA
- Canard, Portland, OR
- Celeste, Somerville, MA
- Chickadee, Boston, MA
- Ellē, Washington, D.C.
- The Elysian Bar, New Orleans, LA
- Folk, Nashville, TN
- Frenchette, NYC
- Kyoten, Chicago, IL
- Larder Delicatessen and Bakery, Cleveland, OH
- Lineage, Wailea, HI
- Majordomo, Los Angeles, CA
- Marrow, Detroit, MI
- Nyum Bai, Oakland, CA
- Passerotto, Chicago, IL
- Petra and the Beast, Dallas, TX
- Popol Vuh, Minneapolis, MN
- Q House, Denver, CO
- Sawyer, Seattle, WA
- Spoken English, Washington, D.C.
- The Stanley, Charlotte, NC
- Suerte, Austin, TX
- The Surf Club Restaurant, Surfside, FL
- Vianda, San Juan, PR