These Are The World’s Best Airports For Wellness
By Kelsey Marie
The process of traveling has its stresses — especially while at the airport. Making your way through crowds of travelers, long lines, and security checkpoints can overwhelm the calmest person.
According to new research from Netflights, a British hotel and flight booking site, some of the busiest airports in the world offer amenities to boost your wellness and make you feel relaxed.
Netflights ranked the 25 busiest airports in the world by the level of wellness they provide. To determine the rankings, they factored in amenities such as spas or gym facilities, yoga studios or classes, prayer rooms, meditation or quiet spaces, outdoor or green spaces and relaxation zones.
Frankfurt International Airport came out on top with their amenities such as USB ports, a quiet room, individual yoga and prayer rooms, spa services and “silent chairs” — pod-like chairs surrounded by soundproof glass with built-in speakers.
17 of the airports that made the list have spa services which offer facials, manicures, pedicures, waxing, haircuts…etc.
Only nine airports on the list offered meditation and quiet spaces. Nine airports on the list have yoga facilities.
An outdoor area or green space is available at all 25 of the airports included in the rankings.
A lot of the airports ended up tying with each other.
Here are the world’s best airports for wellness:
- Frankfurt Airport (FRA)
- Amsterdam Schipol Airport (AMS)
- Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- Changi Airport (SIN)
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Tied: Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Tokyo’s Haneda Airport (HND)
- Tied: San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
- Tied: Las Vegas’s McCarren International Airport (LAS) and New Zealand’s Auckland Airport (AKL)
- Japan’s Narita International Airport (NRT)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Tied: Sydney Kinsford-Smith Airport (SDY), Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) and Melbourne Airport
- Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali (DPS)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB)
- London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Netflights has also designated a page which lists all of the airports, organized by the amenities they offer.
Kelsey-Marie is an NYC girl who currently lives in Johannesburg, South Africa.