These 25 Restaurants Around The World Are Worth Hopping On A Flight For
By Kelsey Marie
Have you ever had a craving for a specific restaurant’s food that was so strong, you considered traveling miles just to satisfy your craving?
If you’re nodding your head, you’re not alone.
According to a study done by Kayak, 44 percent of Americans said they would book a ticket on a plane, bus or train for a particular restaurant — 61 percent said they would travel for an hour or longer to dine at a “wish list” restaurant.
Kayak and OpenTable released a joint list on Tuesday of 25 hidden-gem restaurants around the world. Their claim is that these restaurants are all worthy of traveling miles for.
OpenTable’s chief dining officer, Caroline Potter tells USA TODAY: “Food has become such a bigger part of the culture for everyone, were’ a nation — or a world — of foodies. I think food is a universal way for people to get into the culture, even if you don’t speak the language.”
Kayak and OpenTable came together with the intention to provide a guide for foodie travelers globally.
The list was comprised of user reviews on OpenTable in the last year and Kayak’s list of top 50 most popular destinations around the globe.
According to USA TODAY, the restaurants all feature various price points, different cuisines, and different cultures.
“They’re not big, bucket-list, once-in-a-lifetime restaurants. These are the places to get a good flavor of where locals go, to get what the vibe is,” says Potter.
If you want to experience foods from different cultures in your city, hit up food markets, food walking tours or take a cooking class.
Here is a list of the 25 restaurants around the world worth traveling for:
- 12th Avenue Grill (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Alux Restaurant (Cancun, Mexico)
- Battista’s Hole in the Wall (Las Vegas)
- Bistro Campagne (Chicago)
- Cafe Luxembourg (New York)
- CRUST (Miami)
- Frances (San Francisco)
- Gilda by Belgious (Barcelona, Spain)
- Mamma Maria’s (Boston)
- Musso & Frank Grill (Los Angeles)
- Nusret Dubai (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Omonia Taverna & Bar (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Osteria Savio Volpe (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- Paddock & Vine (Sydney)
- Rosetta (Mexico City)
- Schnitzelei Charlottenburg (Berlin)
- Serafina by the Water (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Stella Cocktail Club (Dublin)
- Terroni Queen (Toronto)
- Tatel Madrid (Madrid)
- The Tap Room at Dubsdread (Orlando, Florida)
- Van Speyk (Amsterdam)
- Westerns Laundry (London)
- Wirtshaus in der Au (Munich)
- Kakaiya by the Sea (Tokyo
Kelsey-Marie is an NYC girl who currently lives in Johannesburg, South Africa. You can keep up with her on Instagram at @kelseydashmarie